Amee Shah 06
Chiral Trivedi 11
Himanshi Mehta 16
Pallavi Saxena 32
Prachi Deoras 36
Rutu Zaveri 41
Anum Jamali 53
Secondary data analysis: IMS, CMARC
Primary data analysis: Market Research and Brand Tracking
• Research and development activity of other companies and own
Impact of technology transfer from Italy
• Population growth – cardio myopathy and male infertility Population health, education and society mobilityty
Lifestyle changes and attitudes
• Mature phase
Impact of economic environment
• Regulations and de-regulations
Licensing terms afecting the product
• Qualitative: PEST
-Existing 2-3 competitors
-Alternatives to cure infertility:
Ayurveda, homeopathy, etc.
-Leverage brand equity
-1st to market, innovator
-Existing production molecule capacity Weaknesses
L – Carnitine – priority product
Product in maturity phase
1 – Act before saturation sets in
2 – Get extra budget approved from higher authorities
3 – Prevent generic competitors from eating into market share
BCG Matrix and PLC
• L-carnitine & Acetyl-L-carnitine play a key role in sperm energy metabolism. Many clinical studies have shown that carnitines play an important role in sperm function by afecting sperm motility, sperm morphology, sperm concentration and sperm count. It may also help to protect sperm by mitigating the production of damaging free radicals.
• Oral supplements
• For chest pain and congestive heart failure (CHF): 1 gram twice daily. • Following heart attack: 2 to 6 grams daily.
• For male infertility: 2 grams of L-carnitine plus 1 gram of L-acetylcarnitine daily.
L- carnitine for male infertility • Thus, the L-carnitine supplements of 2/3g for cardiac myopathy can also be used for mail infertility by adjusting the number of administrations • No additional costs incurred for production.
• Skimming Pricing Strategy
• Start with value sales and then extend to volume sales with time after the market is established Place
• Direct Distribution to the andrologist, family planning centres, institutions at the