Assessment Objective 1 is assessed in this task.
Before you design and create your multimedia product you must review at least three different existing interactive multimedia products. These reviews must list and give an explanation of the good and not so good features of each product.
The multimedia products you review can be:
• interactive multimedia websites
• educational or recreational computer games
• online and CD-ROM/DVD-ROM presentations
• commercial advertisements on CD-ROM/DVD-ROM.
Pass level candidates only need to complete Part A
A For each of the interactive multimedia products you review:
• state the type of interactive multimedia product
• state the website address (URL) or provide other relevant details of the interactive multimedia product
• state the name of the organisation
• list the good and not so good features of the multimedia product
• explain, for each feature, what makes the feature good or not so good.
When completing your reviews, you could also make notes on features which you may wish to include or avoid when you design and create your own multimedia product. (Evidence for this could be in the form of annotated screenshots of the multimedia product. It could take the form of a table with screenshots in one column and comments alongside.)
B For each of the interactive multimedia products you review:
• state the aim(s) and audience of each of the multimedia…