1. The no smoking policy around the premises. The procedure is that volunteers do not smoke anyplace inside the hospital and that they do not smoke prior to speaking to a patient.
2. All volunteers should be identifiable and should dress appropriately. The procedure is that all volunteers are given badges with which they wear at all times and they are to be smartly dressed at all times. When having patient contact, one is not allowed to wear anything below the elbows.
3. The confidentiality policy which was derived from the data protection act 1998. The procedure is that volunteers can only use information with a person’s consent and that it is processed with in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
4. The reimbursement of expenses policy. The procedure is that volunteers can claim from the voluntary services office any expenses they incurred when volunteering for the hospital e.g. petrol and bus fares. They can also claim for meals if they have stayed in the hospital for over 5 hours.
5. Signing- in policy. On arrival at the hospital, one always signs in at the reception of the main entrance to the hospital inside the volunteers’ book.
6. The trust property and equipment policy. The procedure is that under no circumstances must the trust’s property be removed and at the instances’ of stealing or willful damage, it results in the services of the volunteer being terminated.
Please note that all the above policies affect me as a…