...continues to next page
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE WARNINGS,
CAUTIONS, AND INSTRUCTIONS WHICH ARE FOR YOUR SECURITY AND PROTECTION. THIS
INFORMATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. FOR CURRENT UPDATES, PLEASE
VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT: WWW.CABRINHAKITES.COM
IF YOU ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 18, YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN READ
THESE WARNINGS, CAUTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS AND SHOULD NOT USE THIS PRODUCT
UNLESS YOU ARE UNDER THE PROPER GUIDANCE AND SUPERVISION OF SUCH A PERSON.
The use of this product exposes the user to many unavoidable and unexpected risks, injury, dangers and hazards. The suppliers of this product are not responsible for any damage to property or any personal injury caused by any use, misuse, abuse or irresponsible use of this product by the user.
Kiteboarding is a hazardous sport. Power kites and their lines and control equipment can be dangerous to flyers and to anyone in the vicinity of their use. Kiteboarding must be taken seriously and we recommend that, at least in the early stages of your use, you seek the guidance of professional instructors and experienced kiteboarders. Improper and/or unreasonable use of this kite may result in death or serious injury to any part of your body and to others. Do not use your kite near power lines, airports, buildings, automobiles, trees, streets, etc. and keep your kite fly lines away from people and all obstacles. Always fly in an open area and observe wind and weather conditions, particularly in circumstances where you may encounter offshore, onshore winds or strong winds. Do not attempt to use your kite on water until you are confident and comfortable with the use of a trainer kite on land. Spend time to become familiar with the operation of your kite and remember that you are responsible for its operation and for the security of those around you. As you learn the sport, work within your own limitations and do not exceed them. If you intend to use the kite on water, always use appropriate protective gears and flotation devices and do not attach yourself or tie yourself permanently to the kite lines. The kite is not intended for use as a flying device nor indeed is it intended as a means of flotation. continued from previous page...
Kiteboarding is an extremely diverse sport, with many disciplines and ability levels. As with all sports, there can be certain inherent risks. The following contains key security points to remember when operating your Cabrinha kite.
• Kiteboarding is a HAZARDOUS activity and the use of Kiteboarding equipment involves the risk of serious personal injury to any part of the user’s body or death.
• Injuries are an INHERENT RISK of kiteboarding and the participation in kiteboarding implies the user’s acceptance and assumption of those risks.
• Children should always be under adult supervision.
• It is strongly recommended that beginners take lessons.
• ALWAYS inspect your equipment for signs of wear and tear each time before use, particularly all lines, canopy, bladders, screws and fittings.
• IF any products are found to show signs of wear & tear these should be repaired or replaced immediately and before further use. If in doubt about any signs of wear & tear, please contact your local vendor. Contact details are available from www. cabrinhakites.com • NEVER place yourself in a situation where breakage of any one of the various kiteboarding components would pose a risk to yourself or others, or make it difficult to return to the shore securely & unassisted.
• Make sure you use properly designed and manufactured parts from reputable suppliers.
• Take time to study the conditions including sea state, tides, currents, weather conditions and forecasts before you decide to go sailing. Beware of sailing in offshore, onshore or strong winds. • Familiarize yourself with any new location before venturing onto the