Week 1 – Programming IT104
1)A(n)__________is a set of instructions that a computer follows to perform a task
10) A __________ is enough memory to store a letter of the alphabet or a small number.
12) In a(n) __________ numbering system, all numeric values are written as sequences of 0s and 1s. b. binary
15. An extensive encoding scheme that can represent the characters of many of the languages in the world is __________. c. Unicode
19) If you were to look at a machine language program, you would see __________.
b. a stream of binary numbers 21. Computers can only execute programs that are written in __________.
c. machine language
22. The __________ translates an assembly language program to a machine language program.
23. The words that make up a high-level programming language are called __________.
d. key words
24. The rules that must be followed when writing a program are called __________.
25. A(n)__________program translates a high-level language program into a separate machine language program.
1. A __________ error does not prevent the program from running, but causes it to produce incorrect results.
3. A(n) __________ is a set of well-defined logical steps that must be taken to per- form a task.
4. An informal language that has no syntax rules, and is not meant to be compiled or executed is called __________.
5. A __________ is a diagram that graphically depicts the steps that take place in a program.
6. A(n) __________ is a set of statements that execute in the order that they appear.
a. serial program b. sorted code c. sequence structure d. ordered structure
7. A __________ is a sequence of characters that is used as data.
a. sequence structure
8. A __________ is a storage location in memory