Unit 502: Promote Professional Development OUTCOME 1
1.1 Explain the importance of continually improving knowledge and practice
1.1 – it is important for me to continually improving my knowledge, and ensure that I am aware of, and follow, the current health & social care standards, legislation, and guidelines for good practice. Learning new skills and refreshing training enables me to progress, and achieve within my career and working practices.
Personal development benefits me, but also Company, and the young people in my care.
The focus of training tends to be on the staff group, to ensure that all recommendations and standards are achieved.
CPD is …show more content…
• People should be cared for by staff who are properly qualified and able to do their job
• Staff should be properly trained and supervised, and have the chance to develop and improve their skills
• My work place is compliant with both of the above outcomes. Information found on the CQC website OUTCOME 3
3.1 Select learning opportunities to meet development objectives and reflect personal learning style
3.1 -The training provided to me meets current standards. Training is the key to my capability of fulfilling the responsibilities of my job role effectively. All training is sourced through our head office. My manager highlights where training is needed and when it is required.
Company fund all compulsory training and most optional training as well
In house training is provided as well as external courses and distance learning
There are different learning styles, and it is important to ascertain which method works best for me. Knowing and understanding which learning style ‘fits’ me, ensures that i get the most out of any training I attend.
VARK learning styles
• Visual learning style involves the use of seen or observed things, including pictures, diagrams, demonstrations, displays, handouts, films, flip-chart, and so on.
• Auditory learning style involves the transfer of information through listening: to the spoken word, of self or others, of sounds and noises.
• Reading/writing learning style involves