2. ARMA International is an association for information management professionals.
3. A blog is a shared online journal.
4. An automated system for scanning, storing retrieving and managing images of physical records in an electronic format is document imaging.
5. E-commerce is an electronic method to communicate and to transact business over networks and through computers.
6. Electronic Data Interchange, also known as EDI, is a communication procedure between two companies that allows the exchange of standardized documents through computers.
7. Electronic Funds Transfer, also known as EFT, is an electronic payments and collections.
8. Electronic mail, better known as e-mail, is a system that enables users to compose, transmit, receive, and manage electronic documents and images across networks.
9. An electronic record is data stored on electronic media that can be readily accessed or changed.
10. Enterprise content management, also known as ECM, is the technologies, tools, and methods used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content across an enterprise.
11. An external record is created for use outside an organization.
12. Important records are records that assists in performing business operations and is usually replaceable but at great costs.
13. An internal record is a record that contains information needed to operate an organization.
14. The internet is a worldwide network of computers that allows public access to send, store, and receive electronic information over public networks.
15. An internet forum is an online place where people can post and read messages.
16. ISO 15489 is a standard for records management policies and procedures.
17. Management is the process of using an organization’s resources to achieve specific goals through the functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
18. Nonessential records are records that doesn’t have any predictable value after the initial use.
19. A broadcast sent over the Internet to receivers who hear and/or view the information via computers, MP3 players, or other electronic devices is a podcast.
20. A record is stored information mad or received by an organization that is evidence of its operations and has value requiring its retention for a specific period of time.
21. Record and information life cycle is the spam of a record as expressed in the five phases of creation, distribution, use, maintenance, and final disposition.
22. Records management is the systematic control of all records from their creation or receipt, through their processing, distribution, organization, storage, and retrieval, to their ultimate disposition.
23. Record system is a group of interrelated resources acting together according to a plan to accomplish the goals of the records and information management programs.
24. A reference document contains information needed to carry on the operations of a firm over long periods.
25. Transaction document is a record used in an organization’s day-to-day operations.
26. A tweet is a short message posted on the Twitter social network website.
27. Useful record is a record that is helpful in conduction business operations and is usually replaceable at slight cost.
28. A vital record is a record that is necessary for the continuing operation of the organization and is usually not replaceable.
29. A Wiki is a page or collection of web pages that allows people who access it to contribute or modify content.
30. The World Wide Web is a part of the Internet that contains HTML documents that can be displayed and searched using web browser programs.
Review and Discussion
1. Information explosion is the increase of the amount of new information generated and transmitted every day, sometime several times a day, either