Request for Proposal
Walmart is a multi-billion dollar international retail sales store that has stores in 27 countries throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa, and employs more than 2.2 million people worldwide.
Walmart’s goal today as always is to make a difference in the lives of our customers by providing everyday retail and grocery products at the lowest possible price for the customer’s market area.
Provide a team to train no less than 500 associates in both basic and advanced Microsoft Office operation to facilitate fielding of the program into a test store.
The intent of this RFP or Request for Proposal is to have the companies under consideration individually address the required services, and provide a well-considered price proposal for those services.
The owner is looking for a team of trainers that can train more than 490 individual associates in basic program operations, as well as training no less than 10 associates on advances use of these programs. The store will provide listed items (not listed in order of preference.)
1. A classroom environment with no less than 30 desktop workstations, as well as an instructors station with computer.
2. A projector with adjacent display board.
3. 2 dedicated four hour shifts over a 30 day period in order to facilitate training for basic level associate.
4. 2 dedicated 8 hour shifts over the same 30 day period for associates requiring advanced training.
5. Preparation of necessary bid documents to be sent training firms selected for the project.
6. Review of the bids received form firms assessing the merits of each, as well as preparing (from a business perspective) an appropriate contract (owner will have legal representation) if standard AIA Contract Documents are not used.
7. Final sign-off on the project, assuring that the training covers what was originally conceptualized.
1. This project currently has a budget of $135,000.
a. $4,000 has been budgeted for the acquisition of a computer training room for the dates of 15 Oct 2013- 20 Oct 2013 to facilitate inspection
b. $16,000 has been budgeted for the acquisition of the computer training room for 1 Dec 2013-20 Dec 2013 and 5 Jan 2014-20 Jan 2014
c. $16,000 has been budgeted for the procurement of a bus services to transport associates to and from the venue.
d. $8,000 has been budgeted for a catered lunch for the instructor and students.
e. Finally $75,000 has been budgeted for the procurement of a training firm for the one month training.
1. Minimum requirements.
a. MOS 2010 (Microsoft Office 2010 Specialist)
b. Professional appearance.
c. Available Monday thru Friday Between the hours of 0800 and 1700hrs.
d. Able to communicate fluently to a diverse group of trainees.
2. Preferred Credentials
a. MCM (Microsoft Certified Master)
b. Executive level appearance and bearing.
c. Open availability.
d. Fluent in both English and Spanish.
1. Classroom will be available for inspection by 15 Oct 2013. Please call for appointment.
2. In order to remain competitive Proposals must be received no later than 1 Nov 2013
3. Contract will be