1. What molecule in the body stores the most energy?
The molecule in the body that stores the most energy is fats.
2. What is a virus made of? What are the characteristics of a virus?
A virus is made up of nucleic acids enclosed in a protein coat. The characteristic of a virus is that it replicates itself.
3. Be able to identify the difference between an animal and plant cell.
An animal cell doesn’t have a wall, a plant cell has a wall.
4. Know all the organelles and their function.
a. Nucleolus- Makes ribosomes. B. Mitochondria- Transform’s energy. C. Nucleus- The organelle that holds the cells genetic information. D. Vacuole- The organelle that stores waste. E. Plasma membrane- The flexible boundary between the cell and its environment that controls the amount of nutrients that can enter the cell. F. Cell wall- The rigid structure that allows certain nutrients or molecules to pass and doesn’t allow others. G. Lysosomes- The organelle that contains digestive enzymes. H. Ribosome- Synthesize/make Protein according to the information of the DNA in the nucleus. I. Chloroplast- The organelle that captures light energy and transforms it into chemical energy. J. Golgi Apparatus- The Organelle that sort, package and transport proteins to appropriate destination. K. Endoplasmic Reticulum- The site of chemical reactions. L. Cytoplasm- Clear gel-like substance that holds the cell organelles.
5. What are 10 differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells? Eukaryotic cells have a True nucleus, bound by a double membrane. Prokaryotic cells have no nucleus. Prokaryotic cells are much smaller. Prokaryotic cells don’t have membrane bound organelles. Eukaryotic cell wall composition varies between species. Eukaryotic cells are associated with histones. Prokaryotic cells are dived by binary fusion. Eukaryotic cells are more complex, and multicellular organisms. Eukaryotic have DNA and flagella. Prokaryotic cells are unicellular.
6. What two body systems work together to fight against bacterial and viral infections?
The Two body systems that works together to fight against bacterial and viral infections are the Immune system and lymphatic system.
7. What organ system of the body is the body is the first defense against infection?
The Organ system of the body that is the first defense against infection is immune response.
8. Draw and label the structure of a carbohydrate, lipid, polypeptide, and protein.
9. What is a nucleotide, codon, amino acid and nucleic acid made of?
A nucleotide is a made of deoxyribose and the nitrogenous base and phosphate group. Codon- Makes up four nitrogen Bases: adenine, thymine, cytosine, and guanine. Amino acid- Made polypeptides, chains on Proteins. Nucleic acid- Nitrogenous base of phosphate group.
10. How does protein differ from protein?
11. What are the 4 functions of protein?
The four functions of protein are energy, insulation for the body, enzymes for digestion, and coagulation.
12. When your blood sugar increased what hormone increases?
When your blood sugar is increased amylin, pancreas…