* Does each topic sentence directly address the thesis as well as state the topic? After starting my paper The first step in writing an effective thesis statement involves the focusing, or narrowing of the topic which was direct to my thesis.Does each paragraph have an effective closing that reinforces the main point? Yes, because all of my sentences have main points and show how the main points all fit together. This can be effectively achieved with a thoughtful combination of summary and commentary.Is the essay coherent? Does it flow from beginning to end? My essay flows from beginning to end to tell what the essay is about and the main points of the reasons of why they have similarities. Is the order of the support logical and effective? There are many elements that must come together to create an excellent essay. The topic should be clear and interesting. The author’s voice should come through, but not overwhelm, the piece. And there should be no errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, or capitalization. Another element that is sometimes overlooked when editing an essay.Does the essay provides strong evidence to support any opinions? In reality, your essay should reflect the fact that you have ... reader to the extent of your research and its importance ... want to make sure that you have enough evidence.Does the essay reflect on the evidence and explain its importance? Yes, it is the ability to think about a subject so that the available evidence from that…
1. Main Point #1
1. Elderly abuse and its different forms.
a. Physical Abuse
b. Emotional Abuse
c. Sexual Abuse
e. Financial Exploitation
f. Health care fraud
Transition: Next I want to discuss with you the information gathered for the year 2013.
2. Main Point #2
1. Some of the frightening statistics behind nursing home abuse or neglect
a. 44 percent of nursing home residents have suffered from…
today to tell you guys about the amazingness of Hawaii and why you could should plan your next vacation there.
Preview main points:
Explain what the island of oahu
Explain the difference between waikiki and the north shore and what to do on each side.
Planning a vacation is no easy task.
Technology helps make planning easier.
Why you should always book with a package deal.
Main Point 1 Oahu is the third biggest island of hawaii.
Oahu has some majorly well developed cities like Honolulu and waikiki where…
getter. I had opened up with a question asking the audience how they would feel. Yes I had the four elements of the introduction. I grabbed the audience's attention with my first sentence. Then I introduced the topic and told them why I am qualified to speak. I explained the benefits of listening and then previewed my main points. I believe my elements were done well.
Based on my topic I believe I chose a good audience for it. I had a pregnant woman, teenagers, adults, seniors, and even some that thought…
Part 1. Section 1…
Before you begin writing you need to figure out your SUBJECT and who your AUDIENCE will be.
4-S test- a satisfactory subject is significant, Single, Specific and Supportable!
January 14 2013
Main Points- 2 3 4 most imp things you have to say about your subject. *selecting them properly is a vital step.
3 effective ways of stimulating thinking: talking, free writing and brain storming.
Talking… focused dialogue- focused on a specific subject.…
physical activity done to maintain or improve physical fitness and health.
3. Audience-Need-to-Know that exercising is helpful and useful in more than one way in life.
4. Speaker Credibility internet, experience.
C. Thesis Statement/Preview of Main Points- Exercising is a good thing to do because it helps with your health, keeps you looking good physically, and allows you to have more of an exciting life.
A. Exercising Is good for your health www.mhp.gov
1. It can reduce the risks of…
with their readers)
TAKE a long look at these amazing creatures—because it could be your last chance.
For a shocking new report carried out by experts from around the globe has found that up to 60,000 species are
becoming extinct EVERY YEAR.
The main culprits? Man and spi-ralling climate change, which together have had a devastating impact on the
innocent residents of our planet. (News of the World 22.10.2007)
Eggins, S. (2004) An Introduction to Systemic Functional Linguistics…
Provides some supporting examples, but minimal explanations and no published references.
Supports main points with examples and explanations, but fails to include published references to support claims and ideas.
Supports main points with references, explanations, and examples. Application and description is direct, competent, and appropriate of the criteria.
Supports main points with references, examples, and full explanations of how they apply.
20.0 %Organization and Effectiveness…
in foster care because there mother or father did not want them
c. children have been left on the side of the road they have been neglected and abandoned at home, children have also had the abandoned baby syndrome because they were abandoned.
1. Children have been told to get out the car and get left behind.
2. We hear news everyday about babies being abandoned in churches, garbage dumps and the streets.
3. There are also instances where young mothers who are unprepared…
[complete sentence] I am going to show you what a curveball, 2 seam fastball, 4 seam fastball, change up, and a splitter does, what path it takes, and how you hold it and release it.
Main Point #1: [complete sentence] First, I will teach you about the curveball.
A. I will first show you what the curveball does.
B. Next, I will show you what path it takes.
C. Finally, I will show you how to hold it and release it.
(Transition – complete sentence) Curve balls…