* Sports products needed or desired to produce or to influence the quality of sport performance belong to which of the follow segment: product segment * The sport production segment on the other hand involves the products needed to produce or influence the quality of sport performance: specific examples in this category include equipment, apparel, medical care, sport facilities and sport governing bodies and officials.
* Potential consumers are any individuals who have desire to buy a specific offering: false * You need ability as well
* What are two major thrusts of sport marketing * The marketing of sport products to the sport consumer * The marketing of other consumer products through sport
* What are the four prereqs for marketing * Obtaining Resources * Designing the Marketing Organization * Developing Planning Schedules * Executing the Marketing Program
* ________ is one of more specific groups of potential consumers toward which an organization directs its marketing program: target market * One or more specific groups of potential consumers toward which an organization directs its marketing program.
* Name one example of marketing myopia in sport: * In order to be competitive and sustain the thrusts of sport marketing efforts, sport marketing professionals should avoid focusing on creating products and services without having in mind the consumer first. This is one of the problems in the phenomenon called marketing myopia. * Examples include marketers’ focus on winning as the only salvation for marketing success * For example, this year Florida Gators actually are having trouble to sell their tickets to students. Winning may solve this current hardship. However, if UF only relies on winning, similar situations will occur in the future once we don’t have a successful season.
* Two unique aspects of sport product * An intangible, ephemeral, experiential, and subjective nature * Strong personal and emotional identification * Simultaneous production and consumption * Dependence on social facilitation * Inconsistency and unpredictability * Core product beyond marketers’ control
* Marketing focuses on _______ and ___________ consumer needs: discovering and satisfying
* An organization can’t satisfy the needs of all consumers so it must focus on_____: target market
* ____aligns tactical details and operations with broader organizational strategies: marketing plan * It aligns tactical details and operations with broader organizational Goals and Missions. * The Power of the Marketing Plan * Provide a road map for business development * Coordinate the assignment of responsibilities and tasks * Assist in obtaining resources for development * Promote