Surviving Your Summer Move
The summer months offer a wide range of advantages when it comes to moving. The longer days and warmer weather make the overall experience far more enjoyable and easier. Summer is also the peak of the home buying season, so there are far more options to choose from when you are looking for your next home. Even with all the advantages that a summer move offers, there are still many challenges. As the premier movers in Nelson, we would like to offer you the following tips on how to survive your summer move.
Start the Process Early
Regardless of when you are moving, it is always a good idea to start the moving process as early as possible. This is especially true in the summer for a number of factors. These include:
• About 70% of all residential moves take place from May to …show more content…
• The ability to compensate for any mistakes or difficulties that you may encounter as you begin to move.
Manage Your Moving Costs
Because of the advantages of a summer move, it is also the most expensive season to move. The high demand for moving companies can drive up the cost of your move. To help manage these higher costs, we recommend:
• Do as much of the packing by yourself and leave only the heavy and cumbersome items such as furniture to the professionals.
• Have a garage sale or sell the items that you will not be taking with you online. Put this money towards your moving budget.
• Only take the items that are necessary and that you will be using in your new home – this will help lower transportation costs.
Pick the Right Date
Take a moment to consider the date you will be moving out/in. Make sure to avoid long weekends and holidays, such as Canada Day. If at all possible, try to avoid weekends all together as they are usually busier. A mid-week move may be easier to book and guarantee that you get the moving company that you