We now do a SWOT analysis of the Indian textile industry keeping in mind the global changes that have taken place in the post quota regime.
1. Abundant raw material
2. Low cost skilled labour
3. Presence across the value chain
4. Growing domestic market
5. Strong backward integration
6. Third largest cotton producer as well a the largest area under cultivation
7. Increasing presence across entire value chain
8. Cheap and skilled manpower
9. Sharp reduction in borrowing costs
10. Recent government efforts to promote the industry.
11. Truly vertically integrated from raw material to finished products.
12. Steadily diversified its raw material base to include man-made …show more content…
The technology has been improved and updated in the textile industry of India and some of the companies in textile industry are acquiring these technologies. By using new technology not only they improve their quality and efficiency but also improve their production as well as reducing the cost of production.
Bargaining power of Buyer:
It has been seen from last 3 years that buyers are becoming anger and having problems to purchase the desired products from textile industry of India.
The bargaining power