Spearfish, South Dakota
XXXXX, Executive Director
Completed by: Rocky Rardon, Finance Director
(Some information altered or redacted to protect privacy of individuals or businesses)
Table of Contents: Page
1. Policy Statement 3
2. Introduction 3
3. Goals for this Disaster Recovery Plan 3
4. Personnel 4
5. Inventory Profile 4-5
6. Information services backup procedures 6
7. Disaster recovery procedures 7
7.1 Plan Initiation 7 7.2 Recovery plan – hot site for relocation 7 7.3 Resource Contact List 8
8. Recovery plan-mobile site 8
8.1 Floor plan of data center 8
8.2 Vendors Contact List 8
9. PHT Employee Phone List 9
10. Follow up checklist 11
11. Restoring the entire system 13
12. Rebuilding process 13
13. Testing the disaster recovery plan 14
14. Confidential Statement 16
15. Manual Distribution 16 1. Policy Statement
It is the Policy of Prairie Hills Transit to maintain a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan for all critical organization functions. Each department head is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy and that their respective plan component is tested no less than annually. Disaster recovery efforts exercise reasonable measures to protect employees, safeguard assets, and client accounts.
This plan was specifically designed to guide Prairie Hills Transit through a recovery effort of specifically identified organization functions. At the onset of an emergency condition, Prairie Hills Transit employees and resources will respond quickly to any condition, which could impact Prairie Hills Transit’s ability to perform its critical organization functions. The procedures contained within have been designed to provide clear, concise and essential directions to recover from varying degrees of organization interruptions and disasters.
3. Goals for this Disaster Recovery Plan
1. To minimize interruptions to normal operations.
2. To limit the extent of disruption and damage.
3. To minimize the economic impact of the interruption.
4. To establish alternative means of operation in advance.
5. To train personnel on emergency procedures.
6. To provide for smooth and rapid business continuation.
7. Establishing high WAN/Internet connection reliability and fault tolerance.
4. Personnel (Information removed for privacy issues)
Senior Management Personnel
IT & Dispatch
Human Resource Director
5. Inventory Profile
List of physical inventory that involves the information technology network items. Inventory Profile - 10/15/2009
Own or Leased
File Server w/ Exchange
Proliant ML350 G6 USE934N653
HBSS Server with ITMS program
Old File Server with Trapeze program
Proliant ML350 G4p
Desktop serve used for Reports and for ITMS to use
Matxhrn MDW PC
IOMEGA Hard Drive
Used for ITMS backup daily
IOMEGA Hard Drive
File Server Backup
Web Server w/monitor, keyboard & mouse
Compaq DX2250 Minitower
Hewlett Packard 24 port switch
D-Link 24 port switch