Nt1230 Unit 1 Problem Set
Unit 1 Problem Set
1. The general public in the United States will be able to purchase all of the Windows 7 additions and retail stores except Starter, Home Basic, and Enterprise.
2. The core module that provides all of the Windows 7 capability that isn't language or edition specific is called the Min Win module.
3. When you copy a file to a library, Windows Explorer writes the file to the folder designated as the save location.
4. To use federated search, you must download or create XML files for specific sites called search connectors.
5. The only operating system edition that you can upgrade in place to Windows 7 Professional is Windows 7 Ultimate.
6. Upgrading a computer running Windows 7 starter to Windows 7 ultimate using Windows Anytime Upgrade requires megabytes of additional hard disk space.
7. To migrate a computer running Windows XP to Windows 7, you can use a utility called Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.
8. The new Windows 7 feature that renders all the windows on the desktop transparent when you move the mouse over at the right end of the taskbar is called Aero Peek.
9. The Windows 7 Starter addition is only available in a 32-bit version.
10. The maximum amount of system memory supported by Windows 7 enterprise is 192 GB.
1. Windows Easy Transfer supports to types of migrations, called wipe-and-load migration and side-by-side migration.
2. When a serious problem occurs with Windows 7, you might be able to repair it by starting the Windows PE operating system and running diagnostic tools. In this scenario, Windows PE is called by another name which is Windows Recovery Environment.
3. To migrate user profile information from one