It all started with banner ads.
On October 27, 1994, the world of advertising was permanently transformed by a small image with a rainbow text on a black background from AT&T on HotWired website, prophetically asking "Have you ever clicked your mouse right here? You will." (Singel, 2010). The age of banner ads has officially started.
HotWired is a digital publication, and it needs a way to generate revenue …show more content…
What is important is to keep improving the ads as time goes buy and with this one will be in a position to know what is trending and adopt to it changes or improvements (Khraim, 2015).
1. Singel, R. (2010). Oct. 27, 2010: Web Gives Birth to Banner Ads. Retrieved from https://www.wired.com/2010/10/1027hotwired-banner-ads
2. Bathla, S. (2015). Role of internet including social media sites in marketing and advertising. International Journal of Marketing and Technology, 5(8), 267-279.
3. Kiss, J. (2010). Oct. 25, 2010: Ten years of online advertising with Google Adwords. Retrieved from https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/oct/25/advertising-google-adwords
4. Khraim, H. S. (2015). The Effect of Using Pay per Click Advertisement on Online Advertisement Effectiveness and Attracting Customers in E-marketing Companies in Jordan. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 7(1), 180.
5. Stokes, R. (2014). Ultimate guide to pay-per-click advertising. Entrepreneur