Instructor: Patricia Sutton
• Prepare a time management plan based on what you have learned.
Let’s talk about:
• your time commitments
• how you can use what you have learned in Intellipath to create a time management plan.
Eat That Frog:
21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and
Get More Done in Less Time
• Book by Brian Tracy (2002)
• “you are never going to get caught up.” (p. ix)
• Develop habits: setting clear priorities & get important tasks completed
Eat that FROG
• There is an old saying ….
•If the first thing you do when you get up in the morning is eat a live frog that is the worst thing you will have to do that day.
So What is the Frog?
• Your Biggest, Most Important, Most Difficult Task
Eating your frog….
• Eat the frog first and it will give you the energy you need to get your other tasks completed for the day.
• If you don’t eat it and just leave it sitting on your plate and do the smaller things it will drain your energy before you even realize it.
• Eating your frog
• Doing your biggest most important task each day first thing • Don’t sit and think about it or look at it
• JUST EAT IT!
• Develop the habits
• Make the decision to develop the habit of completion
• Practice, practice, practice the principles (you are about to learn)
• Need this to lock in the habit
How to Set the Table…
• Step 1
• Decide exactly what you want
• Step 2
• Write it down
• Step 3
• Set a deadline
• Step 4
• Write a list of EVERYTHING you can think of that will need to happen to achieve that goal (be clear)
• Step 5
• Organize that list into a plan
• Step 6
• Take action immediately
• Step 7
• Resolve to do something every single day that moves you towards that goal
Plan Every Day in Advance
• “Action without planning is the cause of every failure.”
• Alex MacKenzie
• How can you plan tomorrow in advance?
• Master List
• Monthly List
• Weekly List
• Transfer from the above lists to your Daily List
Practice the ABCDE Method Continually
• Determine your daily tasks
• A items are must do or else items
• B should do = mild consequences
• C nice to do = no consequences
• D delegate to someone else
• E eliminate as it won’t make any real difference
• Always do the tasks in order:
Prepare Thoroughly Before You
• Get everything set up so you can execute • Cooking a meal
• Household project
• Completing a homework assignment
Put the Pressure on Yourself
• 2% of people can work without supervision
• Stop waiting for someone to motivate you – you will keep waiting
• Work as if you only have 1 day to get it done
• Allow yourself to do something else tomorrow by eating that frog today
• Tomorrow there will be a new frog to eat
• Set a deadline for yourself
• What is one thing that you have put off that you need to do to move forward in your life?
Stop, Start, Continue