I decided to carry out a PEST/STEEPL analysis on MacDonald’s, the fast food chain. Although in their own Mission and Value statement they describe themselves as a franchise business. The STEP analysis proved to be relatively easy, in some was it is similar to SWOT, in that once a start has been made it is difficult to stop. I used a copy of their 2011 Annual Report as the basis for the analysis, this did make things difficult in term of economic factors as the report was mainly financial information and based towards shareholders use. The best I could come up with was exchange rate fluctuations which affect the business being the global enterprise it is, also income affecting customers. Too little and they stop eating out, …show more content…
1. The obvious human resources are the players, whether at First Team level or in the Development squad.
2. Next the Manager/Director of Coaching and Training Staff – establish on field tactics (strategy?) and motivate players.
3. Chairman/Owner and Board of Directors – responsible for providing funds to buy players.
4. Chief Executive, Finance Director and Marketing Director – negotiate players’ contracts, explore other revenue streams, (Conference Facilities, use of Stadium for non-sporting events), and market the Club through press releases, social media (Facebook, Official Website).
5. Foundation of Light – the Club’s official charity, the goodwill resource might sit alongside this.
6. Minor roles – turnstile operators, programme sellers, and catering facility staff, also ticket office staff and staff employed in the Club shop selling official merchandise
Sunderland FC’s organisational capability can defined as its ability (some may say inability) and capacity, of expressed in terms of its 1 Human resources: their number, quality, skills, and experience. 2 Physical and material resources: machines, land, buildings. 3 Financial resources: