Use your notes and texts to review the following items and respond to them.
1. Match each of the following responsibilities of government with the body in the Canadian government which carries out those duties.
A) Legislative I) The Court System B) Executive II) Parliament C) Judicial III) The Cabinet
2. Explain the role of A), B), and C) above.
A) The Legislative role is to makes law
B) The Executive role is to propose law
C) The Judicial role is to interprets the law
3. Parliament of Canada is made up of two different law making bodies. Identify them and explain how their members are selected.
a) The legislative is one of the law making bodies of Parliament. To become a member a person must be
b) The is the other law making bodies of Parliament. To become a member a person must be
4. Explain how each of the following people gets their jobs.
a) Prime Minister
b) Leader of the Opposition
c) Members of the Cabinet
d) Speaker of the House of Commons
e) Members of the Supreme Court
5. What is the Civil Service? Who is in charge of the Civil Service?
6. According to the Constitution, how often must we have elections?
7. Give two reasons a Prime Minister might ask the Governor General…