English 9 Sem 2 (S2646511)
Write the definitions of the following words.
If you come across a word you don't know, write it in a blank space below. Try to figure out what the word means by looking at its context. Then use your dictionary or the Internet to look up the correct definition for the word.
Definition character A person in a story, movie or play. chronological order The arrangement pf things following one after another in time. context The set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc. motif A recurring subject, theme idea etc. especially in a literary, artistic, or musical work.
Write a short answer for each question.
1. If you understand all the words in a passage of Shakespeare but still can't figure out what it means as a whole, what might you be missing? What should you do?
I you don’t understand all the words in a passage you should look up the definition for the words write them down then study them.
2. The events of Macbeth take place in Chronological order.
3. The witches' "fair and foul" prediction in Act I, scene i introduce a witchcraft that reappears many times throughout the play.
4. Shakespeare often creates suspense by giving the audience information that the characters do not have, and then making the audience watch the characters make bad decisions.
5. How many syllables per line does Shakespeare generally use in Macbeth?
Shakespeare uses generally 10 syllables per line in Macbeth.
6. How many syllables per line does Shakespeare use in most of Hecate's speech?