Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s Learning Management System (LMS) LoudCloud has many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial as well as search LoudCloud to find answers to the questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating the LoudCloud environment.
Part A: Answer each prompt
1. List the tabs and other items on the screen when you first enter a course in LoudCloud.
The things I see on the screen are: calendar, tasks, resources, connect, reports, and announcements. I also see a calendar, forums, assignments, …show more content…
Go to the Library website and find a time that a GCU Library Introduction webinar tour is available. Write down a time and date that one is offered.
One will be offered on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 from 3pm-4pm.
Part B: Highlight the correct response
9. Where are the topic lectures found?
a) The Syllabus
b) Course Materials
c) Main Forum
d) Both A and B
10. In the Student Success Center located under the Resources Tab in Loud Cloud, which of the following is not found under the “Tools for Success” tab:
a) The Writing Center
b) The Basics
c) First Year Experience
d) Success Webinars
11. What do Course Materials in Loud Cloud consist of?
a) Lecture Notes, Electronic Resources, and Other instructional Media
b) Computer, Internet, and Software
c) Pens, Paper, and Books
d) The Syllabus, Discussion Forum, and Student Success Center
12. Where do you find the “Announcements" tab for a course in LoudCloud?
a) In the LoudCloud tool bar at the top of the classroom
b) The Calendar
c) The Syllabus
d) The instructor emails them to you at the start of each week.
13. What would you do if you wanted to ask your instructor a question in which you felt your classmates could benefit from the answer as well?
a) Send him or her a personal email
b) Post the question in the Main Forum
c) Post the question in the Individual Forum
d) Post the question in the Questions to Instructor Forum
14. Looking at the Forum Section under the Tasks tab, which