1) The typical organization of an argument essay is an argument is to explore two or more sides of a controversial topic and then to argue fairly and reasonably for one side over the others.
2) The points of contention is something argued or stated. They can be identified by looking at the title, look for contention indicators, and location.
3) It’s important to know the stance of your opposition because by knowing your opposition, you can identify the weakness in your stance and how to remedy them
4) The difference between an argument and research writing is in an argument you pick a topic that Is controversial and debatable, whereas in a research paper, you do your research and only report what you find, while not trying to sway in either direction.
1. A good way to start a research process is to define a research question and sharpen it/ Develop a working thesis or hypothesis that offers your best guess about how you will answer the research question/ Devise a research plan to systematically collect the information needed to answer your research question and determine whether you’re working thesis is verifiable.
2. It’s important to have a sharp research question because sharper research questions will help you narrow the scope of your research.
3. A working thesis is your working thesis is your best guess about how you will answer your research question. It’s used in research by your working thesis will change, eventually becoming the main claim for your project.
4. The key elements of a research plan are Research question/ Working thesis/ Results of start- up research/ Description of electronic, online, print, and empirical sources available/ Schedule for conducting and completing the research/ Bibliography. It’s necessary because your plan should describe the kinds of sources you will need to collect to answer your research question.
5. Writers should surf the Internet/ Look through Online Encyclopedias/ Browse Your Library’s Catalog.
6. Writers know their…