Saturday, November 10, 2012
General Parade Information
1. The parade line-up will begin at 8:00am on the Fairgrounds
2. The parade application deadline is Friday, October 27, 2012.
3. All applications must be submitted via the committee.
4. Confirmation of your application will be via the email address provided in your application. * Receipt of your application does not guarantee approval. *
5. All parade participants must have an application on file and have received an approved parade permit to participate in the Veterans Centric Veterans Day Parade *Please print a copy of your approved parade permit for display. *
• Approval for all parade applications will only be granted by the Veterans Centric Veterans Day Parade Committee.
6. All entries must show their parade permits and have their decorations (floats/cars) approved before proceeding to the line-up.
7. All VIPs/politicians will enter on the fairground staging area unless prearranged by the Veteran Centric Executive Committee or RO Director.
8. All band buses will enter on the fairgrounds. Band Bus parking will take place on Mississippi and North Street.
9. Marching Bands and Dance Groups will line-up on the fairgrounds. (All dance groups must be pre-approved and must coordinate marching with a band.)
10. Participants will not receive a line-up number on their permits. The order will be determined by the Veterans Centric Executive Committee or RO Director.
Veteran Centric Veterans Day Parade Rules or Regulations
**All rules and regulations must be followed. Any infraction or violation of these rules and regulations will result in an entry not being allowed to participated in future Veterans Centric Veterans Day Parades at the discretion of the committee and/or the RO Director. *
All parade entries (floats, cars, marching units, dance groups, etc.) must submit an application to enter the parade.
The parade application deadline date is Friday, October 27-2012. There is no entry fee to participate in the Veterans Centric Veterans Day Parade.
Once a parade entry has been approved, changes will not be permitted due to a limit of entries per category. (Ex. Parade entry has been approved for the "float" category and the participant would like to change to the "car" category.)
Approved parade permits will only be issued to applicants upon approval of your parade entry by the Veterans Centric Veterans Day Parade Committee. Your parade application status will be sent to the email address listed on your application. (Please make sure your application information is correct.)
On the day of the parade, permits must be placed on the right side of the dashboard (passenger side of vehicle.) If you do not have an approved permit or your permit is not displayed, your entry will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
All marching and dancing groups must identify their organization with a banner or sign. The parade permit must be