• Choose ONE of the following four cases
• Identify key stakeholders in this case. Identify and discuss main (ethical) issues of this case in relation to the stakeholders.
• Evaluate the case using TWO ethical theories (you must use the theories that were taught in the lectures apart from Ethical Egoism).
• Explain how you would act / you would have acted in this situation, and why.
Your word limit must not exceed 1,700 words. Do not forget to include your word count in
The essay will be marked using the following criteria:
• Identification of stakeholders and issues
• Outlining of main features of ethical theories and application of …show more content…
Furthermore, the CEO has been playing a vital role in the development of SuperSoftware’s CSR policy, which now includes a workplace scheme that the company offers to disadvantaged young people in the community.
At a school reunion, Victoria runs into her old friend Janet, with whom she had lost contact over the last few years. Victoria remembers that Janet also went to Harvard to study computer science and that would have been around the same time that Richard Smart was a student there, too. Victoria decides to mention her new CEO to Janet and ask her how well she remembers him from her time at Harvard. Janet gives Victoria a blank look and says that she had never heard Richard’s name before, she is nearly absolutely certain that no student with that name studied on the university’s computer science programme. Victoria is a little puzzled by this. She decides to check with the university herself and they confirm that Richard Smart has not been among their computer science graduates.
What should Victoria do?
Case 4 (adapted from Siu and Lam 2009)
Sam works in the design department of Baby Mobile, a pram and children’s accessories manufacturer. In the past, the company has been quite successful in selling infant carriers that can also be used as infant car seats. However, the current models are relatively expensive to manufacture so profit-margins are rather low.
Sam is member of the project team that has been asked to design a new, lighter weight model that