Between Remtek Systems Ltd. Of unit 42 Salford University Business Park Leslie Hough Way Salford M6 6AJ
And the Customer Of
Agreement Commenced : Renewal/Expiry :
1. If at any time during the warranty period, the computer, printer or scanner listed on the attached inventory ( ) becomes defective in operation, Remtek Systems Limited shall at our expense, repair the equipment and if deemed necessary by our engineer, restore it with the software provided to its pre‑delivery state, including where necessary the provision of replacement parts and the reloading of all the software bought with the equipment and listed on the inventory attached.
2. Remtek Systems Limited shall arrange, during business hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), at times convienient to both parties for the equipment to be repaired. You will need to report the fault to Remtek Systems Limited. It will be necessary for you to speak to an engineer who will take your call and ascertain from your description of the problem, whether this is covered by the warranty agreement (see paragraph 5) and arrange an onsite or workshop repair.( ) It will be necessary to be adjacent to the equipment in order to accurately relate a description of the problem, when it will be possible to resolve (at our discretion) any issues not covered by this warranty agreement and for which a charge would normally be made (see paragraph 5).
3. Service will be carried out to the equipment only at the address(es) shown above subject to any agreement by the parties to the contrary. There may be additional charges for onsite visits or collections from another address.
4. The customer will allow Remtek Systems Limited, at our own discretion, to remove the equipment for a workshop repair where this in the opinion of the engineer is necessary; the equipment will be returned only to the address stated in the warranty agreement.
5. All repairs necessitated other than electro‑mechanical faults, calls to the equipment where the services of an engineer prove to be unnecessary, software problems caused by by the operator due to misuse or ignorance, accidental or malicious damage, are chargable to the customer at the standard rate at the time the fault is reported. Whilst we endevour to provide a quotation before proceeding with any chargeable repairs, a standard callout charge will always be incurred if an on‑site visit is made. All faults caused by computer viruses are excluded and all work done to identify this situation is chargeable at the standard rate. Any work done to rectify this situation will be chargeable and quoted for.
6. Remtek Systems Limited will use its best endeavours to carry out our obligations hereunder as speedily as possible, but will not be responsible for any loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any details in so doing. Important in the area of computer use it is vital that the user takes backup copies on a regular basis of all data i.e. on cd's, floppy disks or data cartidges etc. During the servicing of a computer it