Professor Daniel Finn History 105
Chandra McDowell July 26, 2014
A. Industrialization after the Civil War was a period where Industrial city were being built, there were jobs for people and the political aspect was having corruption.
II. Three Aspects of the Industrial Revolution
A. Society - Companies were being built, railways was distributing goods to different states.
B. Economy – the economy had an economic growth from all of the factories being built, the trains, and stores
C. Political – reflected to the business and not to the poor urban people or to the working class
III. Groups affected by Industrialization
A. Middle Class Workers
1. Growth of the middle class expanded and professional employment had increased.
2. Union labor groups defended workers, employers viewed workers as cost of production then regular individuals.
B. Lower Class Workers
1. Victims of the industrialization, the assembly line took a lot of the jobs of the workers.
2. Union labor groups defended workers because employers just viewed workers as cost of production then regular individuals.
C. African Americans
1. Southerners did not increase the wages for the American population.
2. Southern white democrats did not let Americans have their civil and political rights.
D. Women Rights 1. Women who were lower class worked mostly in homes or in factories paying lower wages.
2. Reformers made settlement houses so…