1. What makes a good parent according to Dr. Tanya Byron? According to Dr. Tanya Byron, a good parent is one who doesn’t worry too much about if they are a good parent or not.
2. What are some of the common problems that children might have? The most common problem that children have is behavioral problems, as they get older they catch more temper tantrums and become so aggressive. Some children aren’t sleeping at night so it soon occur that the child has sleeping problems, and also when the parents cannot get their child to eat right, or eat at all then it becomes toileting problems with the child.
3. Why is play important in the parent-child relationship? Play is important if the relationship of parents and children because it shows the child that you notice what they are doing and that you do care. Playing can sometimes be supportive and create a stronger bond between the two. It also improves your child social skills and emotionally makes them feel better.
4. Do you think you will be a good parent? Why or why not? I personally believe I will be a good parent. I know that I will first make sure that I am taking care of so that when I have a child I can tend to all of their needs. I will be there for my child at all times and also be their number one supporter. I also would discipline my child to a certain point, and would not let anyone come between me and my child relationship. Dealing with Fatherhood
1. Why did the men say that they were ready for children? The men decided that they were ready for children after being married for a couple of years and deciding to have a child. But first there were things they need to, such as becoming a couple before having children.
2. What did the men have to learn as new fathers? As new fathers the men had to learn how to bathe a baby, know the correct way of picking them up, and carrying the child.
3. Do you think the fathers enjoy fatherhood more today than in the past? Why or why…