A Fatty Making a Change Baxter was a fatty who lived in the town of Dogville. His passion was eating food all of the time. Baxter enjoyed eating everything that was rich, fatty, and delicious. However, the new mayor enacted a city ordinance that prohibited fatty foods to be served or consumed in the city. Most of the city’s residents showed little to no 1ennui over the situation, and were doing nothing and seemed to not care. Baxter on the other hand, was preparing a 2Diatribe that he would present on the steps of city hall to show his anger over the new laws. Baxter is hoping his speech will 3ameliorate the problem, and make it so he can eat his favorite foods again. Baxter also is hoping that his speech is 4efficacious in getting the mayor to reverse the laws. Baxter had completed writing his speech, and he headed to his city hall. He started to speak in a 5ebullient manner to get an excited crowd to gather. Baxter did such a good job sounding interesting and excited he got the crowd that gathered excited too. The crowd wanted to start rioting and force the mayor to change it, however, Baxter had to remind them to show 6decorum. Baxter knew that if they were violent and rude in the matter that it would be 7inimical to their cause and they would have no chance of making a change. The crowd all decided to hold a peaceful protest and would stand outside the mayor’s office until he changed the law. When the mayor looked out upon the crowd, he decided to go try
reality, which with effort can be diverted away through time management and other techniques. When stress takes a bigger toll on your body and physical well being, it can actually be a risk factor for heart disease. Reducing stress can be as easy as making a schedule and having a time frame for all your daily activities. Some things may be out of your control, but having and using the right tools to cope can help reduce your risk factor for this chronic disease. Having two jobs and two classes can be…
thermodynamics: We never lose or gain energy. Just change form and location.
* 3 stages of extracting energy from food:
* Digestion, absorption, and transportation.
* Breaks food down (Simple sugars, fatty acids, monoglycerides)
* System transports these nutrients to tissue throughout the body
* Breakdown of many small molecules to a few key metabolites.
* Inside cells, chemical reactions convert simple sugars, fatty acids, glycerol, and amino acids into a few…
(has 3 hydroxyls)
- Each FATTY ACID has a terminal carboxylic acid, and between 16 and 18 carbons
- Condensation reaction attaches 3 fatty acids to glycerol making ester linkages
- Saturated Fats
- come from animals
- Used for long-term energy storage, insulation, protection and helps dissolve fat soluble vitamins
- NO double bonds between carbon atoms in the fatty acids
- Solid at room temperature due to the straight chains à
fatty acids are closer together…
Obesity is a growing problem over the years. With the introduction of more fatty and unhealthy food in our society people have begun to gain weight at higher rates than before. As you age your lack of activeness and hormonal changes increases your chances to become obese. In order to combat obesity people have to start changing their eating habits like dieting, finding a better way to get nutrition, and making lifestyle changes.
Dieting is a great way to combat obesity and its various health problems…
processes. Stimulus: Any disruption that changes a controlled condition. Receptor: is a body structure that monitors changes in a controlled condition and sends input to a control center. Control center: in the body, for example, the brain, sets the range of values within which a controlled condition should be maintained (set point), evaluates the input it receives from receptors,
and generates output commands when they are needed. Effectors: bring about the change
11. Draw and describe a negative feedback…
glycogenolysis occurs – glycogen is converted into glucose
5. use of more fatty acids in respiration]the production of glucose by conversion of amino acids and fats – gluconeogenesis
Regulation of insulin secretion by beta cells
1. Low concentration detected by apha cells
2. Fall inhibits insulin production
3. They secrete glucagon into the blood
4. Binds to receptors on hepatocytes and causes glycogenolysis , more fatty acids used for resp and gluconeogenesis occurs which is conversion of fats…
Orbits are set at a specific energy level
Electrons can change energy levels depending on whether they are releasing energy or absorbing energy
A release in energy would drop the energy level
A absorption would increase the energy level
Chemical bonding is when an atom or a molecule is joined together with another atom or molecule. They are joined via sharing of electrons.
There are two main types of chemical bonding intra and inter…
ratings reform had been 10 years in the making.
"The R18+ category will inform consumers, parents and retailers about which games are not suitable for minors to play, and will prevent minors from purchasing unsuitable material," he said.
Dr Warburton said tests showed children who played violent video games had a heightened likelihood of aggression for up to 15 minutes after switching off the console.
"But over the long term it's just like eating fatty food - one hamburger won't kill you but there…
and endorphins – which is another hormone which makes us happy.
B. Salmon is number two on the list of helpful foods to change your mood.
1. It contains omega-3, a fatty acid that is regarded as one of the top antidepressants in the world!
2. No one is quite knows why, but according to a recent research it has been found out, people who consume omega-3 fatty acids daily are always in a better mood than others.
3. Other fish which have similar effects like salmon are mackerel…
Law of Conservation Energy: Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed in form. The amount of energy in the universe is constant. Solar Conversion- breaking into mechanical energy and heat and mechanical energy and heat
System change towards a state of disorder without an input of energy. Entropy or disorder of the universe is increasing. Closed systems like the universe is entropy, open systems like the earth use an energy input to reduce entropy and increase order.