The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
EMOTIONS OF TEST ANXIETY
WHAT IS ANXIETY?
• Anxiety is unwanted feelings of being nervous without the inability to control your feelings. Anxiety can be in the form of a panic attack or increased heart racing.
• Many people suffer from different forms of anxiety. Test anxiety is the most common form of anxiety for millions of people.
• Test anxiety is real and many people often suffer from this and associate it as being scared. Cunningham_Kelvin_Controlling_Test_Anxiety
When you experience test anxiety your mind is unable to remember the material you have studied.
You often loose site of what is important to study for and what are things you were often taught in the class room.
Most people will start to have sweaty hands and will start to sweat all over as a result of test anxiety.
RECOGNIZING TEST ANXIETY
• Anxiety can be good for some people.
Many students are procrastinators and are able to function with studying at the last minute.
• Then there is bad anxiety. Some students often get anxiety at the thought of test taking. They often get extremely nervous when faced with having to take a test.
Some research shows that students often know the material, however when it is time to take the test, anxiety sets in which causes the mind to race and forget all necessary information.
Studies show that students often do not do well on standardized test because of anxiety.
DO NOT PANIC
• The most important thing to know is that anxiety is not the same as fear.
• Test anxiety can be controlled through the use of many techniques.
• First thing to remember is do not panic. In the following slides I will discuss techniques to control test anxiety. Cunningham_Kelvin_Controlling_Test_Anxiety
HOW TO CONTROL TEST ANXIETY
plenty of rest In addition to the design I have created, there are other techniques that can be used to control test anxiety.
Drink plenty of water Use breathing exercises
Eat a good breakfast
Exercising can be a great way…