Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells, and Viruses—Webquest
Go to this website: http://www.biology.arizona.edu/Cell_BIO/tutorials/pev/main.html
The website title is Prokaryotes, Eukaryotes, & Viruses Tutorial.
Click on Organization. As you read the paragraphs, answer the following questions and complete the concept maps.
1. Into what 2 groups are all cells classified?
2. Into what 6 kingdoms are all living things classified?
3. Name the 2 kingdoms that contain all prokaryotes.
4. Name the 4 kingdoms that contain all eukaryotes.
5. How Living Things Obtain Energy
a. _____________________ use light or chemical energy to make food. Example:
b. _____________________ obtain energy from eating autotrophs or heterotrophs. Example:
6. What does “multicellular” mean? _____________________
7. About how many cells does the human body contain? _______________
8. About how many different types of tissue does the human body contain? _____________
Click on Next. Read the paragraphs about prokaryotes and answer the following questions.
9. Prokaryotic cells are classified in which two kingdoms?
10. The two kingdoms you listed in question 9 contain all bacteria. Prokaryotic cells are bacteria. If you were a bacteria cell, what would your life be like? Describe 5 interesting facts below.
Click on Next. Read the paragraphs about eukaryotes and answer the following questions.