Today performance appraisal has increasingly become part of a more strategic approach to integrating human resource activities and business policies and may now be seen as a generic term convincing a Varity of activities through which organization seek to assess employees and develop their competence, enhance performance and distribute rewards.
In this paper that has been investigated effect of performance appraisal practice on employee satisfaction.
The objective of this study is to assess the effect of performance appraisal practice of police commission on employee satisfaction and fill its gap all the necessary data has been gathered from the source. The data based on secondary data, that collected from document in the …show more content…
Powers and duties of the commission
1.3 Statement of the problem
Police performance appraisal is one of the most important components of law enforcement management affecting the quality of the service a department delivers as well as the satisfaction of its employees. The challenge of Dire Dawa police commission performance appraisal practice of employee satisfaction is under the following points.
1. Do employee accept and understand the objective and purpose of performance appraisal?
2. Are the rating items more concerned with the goals and strategy of the organization?
3. Do employees receive feedback about their performance evaluation result?
4. Does the performance evaluation system of the organization have any limitation?
5. Has the organization developed clear guidelines and standards to the evaluation system?
6. What is the performance appraisal practice impact of the dire dawa police commission
1.4 Objective of the study
General objective is to assess the effect of performance appraisal practice of police commission on employee satisfaction.
1.5 Significance of the study
The study will benefit our organization as indicator of the challenges as well as threat factors relating to performance appraisal practice which apply performance appraisal principle to evaluate their employee the crime prevention. It also provides recommendations for the problems stated that help the management of Dire Dawa police commission to take