1) The layer of the GI tract wall that is responsible for motility is the
E) None of the above are correct.
2) The process by which undigested material is removed from the gastrointestinal tract is
C) mechanical processing.
3) Once a bolus of food has been formed in the mouth, it is passed by the tongue and jaws to the
D) nasal passageway.
E) small intestine. Answer: C 4) During swallowing,
A) the epiglottis bends to close the trachea.
B) smooth muscle in the esophagus contracts slightly.
C) the tongue flattens …show more content…
26) Shortly before the midpoint of the menstrual cycle, estrogen from the mature follicle triggers a surge in LH, which stimulates what event?
A) cervix dilation
B) uterus contractions
C) inhibition of FSH release
D) downward movement of fimbriae
27) If fertilization does not occur following release of the egg by the ovary, then the ________ will degenerate approximately two weeks after ovulation.
A) primary oocyte
C) endometrium layer
D) corpus luteum
E) All of the above are correct.
28) Which of the following forms of birth control reduces the risk of transmission of sexually transmitted diseases?
C) cervical cap
E) birth control pill
29) Which of the following forms of contraception is the most effective in preventing pregnancy?
B) rhythm method
D) tubal ligation
E) cervical cap
30) Which of the following methods of enhancing fertility involves the placement of sperm and unfertilized eggs into the oviduct?
A) artificial insemination
B) in vitro fertilization
C) gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)
E) zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT)
31) Which of the following sexually transmitted diseases is characterized by three distinct phases of infection?
B) genital warts
C) hepatitis B