2. Withdraw amount if water taken from a source. Consumption is water that is incorporated into a product or lost into he atmosphere.
3. Water use
a. Used to transport wastes and a constant supply
b. In-stream water does not remove water but it makes use of it in its channels and basins.
2. Land use is related to water quality from disturbing the flow, contribute to siltation, withdraw water, pollution, and salinization. Industries near water.
4. Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) is the amount of oxygen required by microbes to degrade organic molecules in aquatic ecosystems. Measuring the BOD of a body of water is one way to determine how polluted it is.
5. The more plants there are the more they use the oxygen to help them grow.
6. When a source of pollution can be readily identified because it has a definite source and place where it enters the water, it is said to come from a point source. Diffuse pollutants, such as from agricultural land and urban paved surfaces, acid rain, and runoff, are said to come from nonpoint source.
7. Most industrial wastes are changed by not allowing companies to use municipal sewer systems, use the water and return it back without cleaning. This was changed by The Clean Water Act.
8. Thermal pollution occurs when an industry removes water from a source, uses the water for cooling purposes, and then returns the heater water to its source. One of…