Week 6 lab
Sign- NO HUMAN BEING IS ILLEGAL. I AM A WORKER, NOT A CRIMINAL. T ODAY I MARCH, TOMORROW I VOTE. I PAY TAXES.
The author specifically said that these were signs made for people to see on the streets
2. Induction-what undocumented immigrants cost the country without talking about what they contribute, in talking about them as illegals when they are nannies, waiters, roofers and the parents of American citizens.
I choose this line because it was not sure that if they were helping our country or not.
3. Deduction- N O HUMAN BEING IS ILLEGAL. I AM A WORKER, NOT A CRIMINAL. T ODAY I MARCH, TOMORROW I VOTE. I PAY TAXES.
I choose this line because he is saying a human being is not illegal if he/she is a worker not a criminal vote and pay taxes.
4. Cause- Today, because so many immigrants have entered the country illegally or are living here on visas that expired long ago, the demagoguery has been amped up full throttle.
5. Analogy-After all, if a migrant worker like Cesar Chavez could organize a national boycott of grapes, then opponents of immigration could surely organize something simi-lar. But they won’t.
Because it is compairing the government with cesar chavez
6. Definition-W E ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS, read signs on Market Street. Some of us just got here sooner.
The author is defining that everyone in america is an immigrant just that some arrived sooner.
7. Statistics- In fact, they may be helping to keep the system afloat,