Objectives | Guidelines | Milestones | Course Project Outline | Course Project Proposal and Milestones | Course Project Overall Table of Contents | Course Project Technical Areas | | Objective | |
Provide an efficient means for students to develop various aspects of a technical/business proposal throughout the course. There are three papers that build on each other through the session to give the students experience in taking a concept and expanding on it. | | Guidelines | |
* Choose a base idea that is expanded through a series of three milestones throughout the course. * These can be completely oriented toward business or could also be topics that …show more content…
3 After identifying the business problem and the benefits describe:
a. Business approaches that can solve the problem, e.g., business-process reengineering
b. Technological approaches that can be used, e.g., cloud computing, outsourcing, mobile devices and a very long list of possible paths.
4. Who is the completed project directed toward, e.g., management, peers, customers, specific departments?
The proposal does not explain what each of the milestone will discuss or technologies used. As you learn about the relationship of business and technology, you will see areas that can be changed to bring about the desired change.
Based on the proposal, the paper starts describing the business problem, the benefits and the first part of the proposed solution. You will most likely not know the entire solution or all of its parts until you have a chance to learn about them. Don’t be concerned if you cannot visualize the entire solution or all of its parts until you have a chance to learn about them. You know the goal, but not the detail of the pieces.
1. Briefly restate the business problem (the subject)
2. Company background
3. Discussion of business issues
4. Briefly restate the benefits of solving the problem
5. Describe the initial business/technical approach to solving