1. My topic is going to be energy drinks and their effects on your body and health.
2. My audience knows that they aren't good for you
I feel like most of them have a positive attitude towards energy drinks, because most of them drink them
The new information I want to bring to them is how they can effect your body in a more detailed view.
1. Energy Drinks Affect Heart, MRI Scans Show. (n.d.). Retrieved September 29, 2014.
2. New Study: Do Energy Drinks Affect Your Heart Health? (n.d.). Retrieved September 29, 2014.
3. Arthur, N. (2014). Adolescent Consumption of Sports and Energy Drinks: Linkages to Higher Physical Activity, Unhealthy Beverage Patterns, Cigarette Smoking, and Screen Media Use. Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior, 46(3), 181-187.
4. Bulut, B., Beyhun, N., Topbaş, M., & Çan, G. (2014). Energy Drink Use in University Students and Associated Factors. Journal of Community Health, 39(5), 1004-1011.
5. Beatriz, L. (2014). Caffeine-containing energy drink improves physical performance in female soccer players. Amino Acids, 46(5), 1385-1392.
4. Supporting Material
1. The number of emergency department (ED) visits involving energy drinks doubled from 10,068 visits in 2007 to 20,783 visits in 2011
2. Among energy drink-related ED visits, there were more male patients than female patients; visits doubled from 2007 to 2011 for both male and female patients
3. Survey Based on Energy Drink Consumption
4. “About 14% drink…