Computer-scored questions (Multiple Choice and T/F): Remember to fill in the bubbles underneath your name and PID, put the exam number (4) and the version letter (A,B,C,D) from the top of this page in the appropriate boxes, and SIGN THE SIGNATURE BOX. Double check your recorded answers, since only the computer sheets will count, NOT answers written in your test pages. TRUE/FALSE: Fill in the circle “a” for true and “b” for false.
1. Erythrocytes contain hemoglobin which has four amino acid chains and one iron atom per chain that binds to oxygen.
2. Leukopoiesis is formation of blood cells in the yellow bone marrow.
3. Blood plasma constitutes the bulk of formed elements.
4. Left atrium forms the apex of the heart.
5. Leukocytes are complete cells that contain organelles and nuclei.
6. Tunica externa contains the smooth muscle.
7. Pancreas is a pure endocrine organ.
8. Melanocyte stimulating hormone stimulates secretion of hormones from the adrenal cortex.
9. Calcitonin retains calcium, and is secreted by the thyroid gland.
10. The left and right atria are separated by the interventricular septum.
11. Crista terminalis are muscle ridges on the walls of the heart ventricles.
12. Pulmonary semilunar valve is located between the left ventricle and aorta.
13. A thoroughfare channel is an intermidate vessel between arteriole and capillary.
14. The left subclavian artery branches off of brachiocephalic trunk.
15. The external iliac artery supplies the blood to the pelvic region.
MULTIPLE CHOICE: Write the answer of the BEST response on the computer answer sheet provided.
16. The heart valve through which blood travels as it enters into the right ventricle is the
b. Left semilunar
c. Aortic valve
e. Right semilunar
17. Which of the following hormones is released by the neurohypophysis?
18. Which of the following is the correct order of anatomical structures encountered by oxygenated blood entering the heart from the pulmonary circulation?
a. Left atrium, bicuspid valve, left ventricle, aortic valve
b. Right ventricle, tricuspid valve, left ventricle, left AV valve
c. Right atrium, right AV valve, left atrium, triscuspid valve
d. Left atrium, mitral valve, left ventricle, pulmonary valve
e. Right atrium, tricuspid valve, right ventricle, aortic valve
19. _________________ is a stress hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex that targets liver.
e. Growth hormone
20. ______________ delays cardiac impulse so the ventricles fill completely.
a. AV node
b. SA node
c. Purkinje fibers
d. AV bundle
e. Left bundle branch
21. The right ventricle of the heart pumps blood into which vessel?
a. Pulmonary vein
b. The Aorta
c. Pulmonary trunk
d. The Superior Vena Cava
e. The Inferior Vena Cava
22. Hematocrit is the percentage of the blood volume that is
a. Erythrocytes and Leukocytes
c. Plasma and leukocytes
d. Leukocytes and thrombocytes
23. The _________________________ is the middle layer of the heart.
a. Visceral layer of the serous pericardium
e. Fibrous pericardium
24. The auricles are
a. Earlike flaps on the surface of the ventricles
b. Earlike flaps on the surface of the atria
c. Projections of the endothelium into the ventricles
d. Modifications of the pectinate muscles
e. Modifications of the out surface of the ventricles
25. ______________ is located on the top of pericardial sac in the mediastinum.
a. pineal gland
b. thymus gland
c. throid gland
d. adrenal cortex
e. parathyroid gland
26. Which of the following is secreted by the GI tract?
27. Adrenal medulla secretes which of the following: