This report will outline Singapore Airlines (SIA) business’ environment to aid in its future strategy formulation and planning. Firstly, this report will analyze the business environment of the organization, which is to be considered in its strategy formulation. Next this report will explain the process of strategic planning that is to be implemented in SIA.
The Company …show more content…
Their chairman said “Often check how about its finance statement monthly and annually is a good way to know how their business performance, which this trend is appropriate or not.”
A stakeholder analysis is very important in SIA because all projects depend on selecting stakeholders with whom they can jointly work towards goals that will reduce or reverse the threats to your key conservation targets.
Power/ Interest matrix (odi, accessed 2009)
A stakeholder analysis can help SIA identify:
• The interests of all stakeholders who may affect or be affected by the project;
• Potential conflicts or risks that could jeopardize the initiative;
• Opportunities and relationships that can be built on during implementation;
• Groups that should be encouraged to participate in different stages of the project;
• Appropriate strategies and approaches for stakeholder engagement; and
• Ways to reduce negative impacts on vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
The full participation of stakeholders in both project design and implementation of is a key to – but not a guarantee of – success. Stakeholder participation:
• Gives people some say over how projects or policies may affect their lives;
• Is essential for sustainability;
• Generates a sense of ownership if initiated early in the development process;
• Provides opportunities for learning for both the project team and stakeholders themselves; and
• Builds capacity and