The research question was how heart rate changes with different exercises. The purpose of this investigation was to test the hypothesis that burpees would have the most increase in heart rate then the other exercises like walking, and doing planks and jumping jacks because it uses more muscle groups compared to the other exercises. This investigation was valuable because it shows that exercises that use more muscle groups will have an increase in heart rate.
1. Measures your resting heart rate and record it. Your resting heart rate is your heart rate when you are relaxed. It can find you’re your pulse by putting your two fingers on your wrist or using a heart rate monitor.
2. When your heart rate is back to normal start doing the first exercise (walking). Do the exercise for a whole minute and then record your BPM (Beats per Minute). Count the number of beats in 10 seconds and multiply it by 6 to get your BPM.
3. Rest for a few minutes or until you are around your resting heart rate
4. Repeat steps 2-3 but with the other exercises(Planks, burpees, jumping jacks)
5. Do the whole experiment again with 2 more trials and find the average BPM for every single exercise
6. Repeat 1-5 with a few other people
The question in this investigation was to find the change in heart rate with different exercises. The hypothesis was that doing burpees will have the most increase in heart rate. The results of this investigation supported the hypothesis. Burpees had the most increase in heart rate then the other exercises.
Four people were tested in the experiment. The average heart rate for walking was 85 BPM.
The average heart rate for planks was 110 BPM. The average heart rate for jumping jacks was
146. The average heart rate for burpees was 168 which is about twice as much as the average
BPM for walking. Unlike Planks and jumping jacks which only work on a few muscle groups, burpees are a full body workout therefore it works on more muscle groups. It works the arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and core muscles. The more muscle groups involved in a workout the hard the workout is thus increasing the heart rate. In the investigation, the data collected in burpees supports the proposed hypothesis.
Investigation conclusion the question in the investigation is how does heart rate change with different exercises.The
Hypothesis was that burpees would have the most increase in heart rate. The results in the investigation supported the hypothesis Burpees had the most increase in heart rate. The investigation was done by having people do various exercises for a minute and finding their heart rate on each exercise. In the experiment the average heart rate for burpees was 168 BPM and the average heart rate for walking…