1. Risk assessment and vulnerability assessment, can uncover known weaknesses and vulnerabilities in its existing IT infrastructure, prioritize the impact of these vulnerabilities based on the value and importance of affected IT and data assets, and then implement the proper security controls to mitigate the weaknesses.
2. It sorts sensitive information into different access levels. Making it so that only a person with the approved level of access is allowed to view the information.
3. They offer free Patch Management Tools such as Numara that provides a complete patch management solution that scans updates and downloads patches for Microsoft Operating Systems and applications across your entire network.
4. They help secure the IT infrastructure by establishing clear procedures for prioritizing the handling of the incident in an effective manner because when the company isn’t running it is losing money. Network monitoring is the use of a system that constantly monitors a computer network for slow or failing components and that notifies the network administrator (via email, SMS or other alarms) in case of outages. It is part of network management. Network Security Monitoring is the collection, analysis, and escalation of indications and warnings to detect and respond to intrusions. Computer security incident response has become an important component of information technology (IT) programs.
5. A good example of a multi-factor authentication is the ATM at the bank. It requires both your debit card and your PIN number to access the money in your bank account. Emails can have multi-factor authentication such as a password and a security question.
6. I feel that it would be the system/application layer this way it would be installed in time to prevent any incoming viruses from future applications being installed on the computer. Also make sure that the anti-virus is up to date at all times to ensure it does its job.
7. Two main types of firewalls: network firewalls and host-based firewalls. Network firewalls protect the perimeter of a network by watching traffic that enters and leaves. Host-based firewalls protect an individual computer regardless of the network it’s connected to. Host- User, workstation, System/Application Network- LAN, LAN to WAN, WAN, remote access. Host-based firewalls are software firewalls installed on each