Essay on Apple, Inc. Public Relations Plan

Words: 3562
Pages: 15

Current Corporate Situation
Apple, Inc. was founded in 1976, formerly known as Apple Computer, Inc., the company changed its name to Apple Inc. in January 2007. The company is headquartered in Cupertino, California. Apple, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in the design, manufacture, and marketing of personal computers and related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions worldwide. Apple also provides a line of portable digital music players, as well as related accessories and services, including online sale of third-party audio and video products. The company's products and services make up the Macintosh line of desktop and laptop computers, the OS X operating system, the iPod line of portable digital music and
…show more content…
Apple will continue to focus on two main divisions of business: Macintosh computer production and iPhone music products and services. It is Apple's ultimate goal to make these two main divisions provide everything a consumer would need and desire for their entertainment and computing needs. Currently Mac computer production accounts for 60% of total revenue while iPod music products make up the remaining 40%. It is already foreseen with high sales with iPhone, it is estimated these two main business divisions of Apple will be more even at 50/50.
Apple will continue to recognize future effects to our earth's environment. Going forward all Macintosh Computers will be manufactured with LED displays — free from lead and mercury. This step will illustrate to investors that Apple is serious about the environment and how their products can have a significant impact. For Apple music services, revenue has grown by 33% over the past fiscal year and iTunes is currently the third largest music retailer (, 2007). Investors will be pleased to see Apple continue to grow in this area by integrating iPhone ring tone sales in their partnerships with AT&T and Verizon Wireless.

Financial Analyst Message
With the launching of the iPhone product and in conjunction with increased sales in MacBooks and iPods, Apple financial results are stronger than ever. Financial analysts would agree that Apple continues to show an