APPLICATION FOR GED TESTING
If any section of this application is incomplete or cannot be read, the application will be returned to the candidate. This will cause a delay in scheduling a test date. Mail or bring this application to a local test center. Do not send it to the GED Testing Office in Albany.
1. Social Security Number
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY IN INK
2. Preparation Program Name (if applicable) Preparation Program Code
3. Name: Last Name 4. Address (Street/P.O. Box) 5. City 6. Telephone Number (_____) ______ __________
Area Code Number
Middle Initial Apartment Number State Zip Code 10. In which language do you wish to be tested? Check one Female
7. Date of Birth
9. Gender Male
Month 11. Name of Last School Attended
Previous Test Information
12. Have you previously taken the GED test in New York State? 13. What name did you use at that test? _______________________________________________________________ Last Name First Name Middle Initial 15. Test Center & Location 16. Date(s) & Year(s) 17. Form(s) of Test(s) Taken YES NO If “YES,” complete items 13-17. If “NO,” go to item 18.
14. Identification Number Used
Requested Test and Location Dates Select your preferred choice for test center and date(s) for taking the GED test. Make your choice from the list of test centers in the GED Testing Schedule. Print the name of the test center and the date(s) you wish to test on the lines below.
18. TEST CENTER ____________________________19. TEST DATE – FIRST CHOICE___________ ___SECOND CHOICE_________________
20. Are you applying for accommodations to the procedures for administering the GED test because of a disability NO or for religious observation? (If no, go to item 21)
If "YES" and this office has already authorized accommodations for you, enclose a copy of the approval letter with your application.
If "YES” and this office has not already authorized accommodations, you must enclose with your application documentation to support your need for the accommodations by using the appropriate Request for Testing Accommodations form or a confirmation letter from your religious institution. Please send your application and accommodation request to your local test site.
Att. A (cont'd)
21. Are you 19 years of age or older? If "YES," go to item 23. YES NO If “NO,” go to item 22. You must obtain the appropriate documentation and include the appropriate attachment with this application identifying the eligibility criteria you meet. (B-2 – B8, C-2, C-3)
Eligibility for persons under the age of 19 only.
22. Please use a check mark (
) to indicate ONE eligibility category you meet and attach documentation.
One year has passed since you were last legally able to leave high school and enrolled in a fulltime high school program of instruction; or B3 You were a member of a high school class that has already graduated; or B4/C2*You are enrolled in an Approved Alternative High School Equivalency Preparation Program; or B5/C3*You have been accepted into the U.S. Armed Forces, or you have been accepted into a college, university or accredited post secondary institution;…