2. For safe backup of internally stored data, portability and some devices such as CD’s can be re-used, while others such as Z-drives offer a variety of storage options.
3. System software is any computer software which manages and controls computer hardware so that application software can perform a task. Operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows or Linux, are some examples of system software. Application software help perform single or multiple tasks such as Excel, Word or Access.
4. Providing an environment for a computer user to execute programs on, to perform basic tasks, such as recognizing input from the keyboard, and manages resource allocation.
5. Multi-access systems store all records, music, information and other media, allowing you to access it from anywhere. A multi-tasking system allows several applications to be available simultaneously.
6. In a payroll system real-0time processing would be used when employees clock-in/clock-out because you want his data to be processed automatically. However, batch processing would be used when the transactions of a particular time period are gathered and then the data are processed.
7. Without a driver to handle connectivity for my smart phone to my PC, I would not be able to sync any information (pictures, contacts, music, notes, reminders etc.) from my phone to the computer and vice versa. This is because the driver is what is responsible for converting the information on my PC into an appropriate string of commands specific to my phone.
8. On paper
9. Data in the form of whole numbers stored in one byte,