4 ARGMUENT POINTS
1. There is no question that playing violent video games has an adverse effect on our children. Parents know this intuitively, and the research confirms it. It ranks right up there with gang membership as the No. 1 sign for propensity to commit crimes of violence. Among the risk factors for aggressive or violent behavior, it is three times greater than substance abuse and two times greater than a record of prior violence.
2. The research in this area is so clear that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends pediatricians assess their patients' level of media exposure and intervene on media-related health risks. The academy's official policy states, The American Academy of Pediatrics recognizes exposure to violence in media, including television, movies, music and video games, as a significant risk to the health of children and adolescents.
3. Attorney Steven F. Gruel maintains that scientific evidence shows video games are harmful to children.
4. Violent video games cause players to associate pleasure and happiness with the ability to cause pain in others
HUNTERS 4 ARGMUENT POINTS
1.Violent video games provide healthy and safe opportunities for children to virtually explore rules and consequences of violent actions. Violent games also allow youth to experiment with issues such as war, violence and death without real world consequences.
2. Video games are just one of the many variables that lead to this violent behaviors.
3. People who show the aggression were already predisposed to aggression.
People who show aggression after playing video games were known to have personality traits of less empathetic and showed to possess traits of psychoticism before participation in the study
4. Based on physical violence there is no research that produces evidence that kids will at upon the violent thoughts that said games will or will not produce. Violent thoughts doesn't prove that behaviors will follow their thoughts. Humans don’t always act upon thoughts
1. Dr. Phil also points out that violent video games don't teach kids moral consequences. "If you shoot somebody in one of these games, you don't go to jail, you don't get penalized in some way — you get extra points!" This doesn't mean that your child will go out into the world and shoot someone. "But they do use more aggressive language, they do use more aggressive images, they have less ability to control their anger and they externalize things in these violent ways. It's absolutely not good," says Dr. Phil.
2. There are times that these players are seeking happiness and pleasure by causing pain and hurt to other people.
3. Furthermore, the American Psychological Association says playing violent games correlates to children being less caring and helpful toward their peers. And these effects happen just as much for non-aggressive children as they do for children who already have aggressive tendencies. Children spend a great deal of time with violent video games at exactly the ages that they should be learning healthy ways to relate to other people and to resolve conflicts peacefully.
4. The GAM attempts to explain both the development…