Pro-choice and for it being legal everywhere because...
1. It is the Woman's right
2. In some cases, it could protect the mother and save her life and fetus future life, which might have a disease
3. If a woman cannot support the baby financially, they shouldn't bring the baby into the world
4. personhood begins at birth not at conception
5. it prevents "back alley" abortions
6. there must be a separation between church and state (kind of ties in with number 1)
7. modern abortion procedures are safe
---[hard to make short concise statements for power point slides so they're not to wordy, but I tried to make them as short as I could ]
---[i have more info, and sources for each of the above reasons, i thought i would just incorporate them in my portion of the presentation when i speak, but if you need more info and their sources to add to the powerpoint just let me know. or i could add them myself. ]
--"Back-alley" abortions cause 68,000 maternal deaths each year in the 33 countries where abortion is not legal or available, according to the World Health Organization in Oct. 2006
--David A Grimes, MD, et al., "Unsafe Abortion: The Preventable Pandemic," Lancet, Oct. 2006
--An abortion can cost anywhere from around $350 to more than $1,000.  In 2009, it was estimated that a total of $831 million is spent on abortions annually.
--"Abortion for Profit," Abort73.com, Oct. 15, 2009
--87% of US counties do not provide abortion services.
--Physicians for Reproductive Choice and the Guttmacher Institute, "An Overview of Abortion in the United States," www.guttmacher.org, Jan. 2008
--A May 2009 Gallup poll on abortion attitudes revealed that 51% of Americans consider themselves pro-life and 42% pro-choice. It was the first time since 1995, when the poll first started, that a majority of Americans identified as pro-life, and it was the first time since 2000 that more people were pro-life than pro-choice…