|AmeriCorps*Formula 2012 |
|Concept Paper Guidelines |
|Due: January 20, 2012 |
Concept Paper Guidelines
Volunteer West Virginia, the State’s Commission for National & Community Service strengthens communities through service and volunteerism. It is appointed by the Governor to administer the AmeriCorps National Service Program, serve as a clearinghouse for volunteers, support nonprofits and develop leaders in West Virginia communities.
Thank you for your interest in an AmeriCorps*State grant. This packet contains information pertaining to the Concept Paper process for 2012-2013 AmeriCorps formula grants funded by Volunteer West Virginia, The State’s Commission for National and Community Service through the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
• New Applicants must submit a concept paper in order to be eligible for the formula application process.
• Eligible applicants include: nonprofit organizations in compliance with IRS Section 501(c)(3) regulations (including religious organizations); schools; institutions of higher education; state agencies; subdivisions of the state including cities, counties, and municipalities; or a partnership or collaboration of any of the above entities.
• Concept papers may be submitted electronically or in hardcopy form. The concept paper must be received by the West Virginia Commission for National and Community Service no later than 5:00 p.m. EST Friday, January 20, 2012. Concept papers submitted by mail must be received by that date, not postmarked by that date. Faxes will not be accepted. The Commission’s mailing address is 710 Central Avenue, Charleston, West Virginia 25302.
• Concept papers must be typed and double-spaced on 8 1/2" x 11" paper, each copy stapled in the upper left-hand corner. Please do not submit concept papers in folders, acetate covers, or other bindings. Concept papers should be five pages or less, not including forms.
• Funding for 2012-2013 AmeriCorps national service grants is subject to Congressional appropriations. • For additional information, contact the West Virginia Commission for National and Community Service at 1-(800) WV-HELPS. • The following Technical Assistance calls are scheduled to help with the concept paper process:
o November 18 1:00 p.m. o December 13 1:00 p.m. o January 11 1:00p.m.
Conference Access Number: 1-866-453-5550
PIN Code: 3730200#
AmeriCorps is a challenging federal program, but one that offers the potential for organizations to make big dreams a reality. If your agency has a cherished project idea that requires a lot of hands to accomplish, and you have the capacity to manage a large project, then AmeriCorps may be the key to realizing your vision. AmeriCorps achieves its goals by mobilizing people’s desire to give back to their community.…