What is Todd's Body Mass Index (BMI)?
2. According to the BMI chart in Chapter 8 what category does Todd's BMI fall in?
3. Which food item was the highest source of Protein per serving?
1 Cup of Soymilk
4. Which food had the highest source of Carbohydrates?
5. Which food provided the best source of fiber? 8 oz. Vegan Chili
6. What advantage is it to have a diet high in soluble fiber?
It helps to lower cholesterol and blood sugar
7. What are the advantages to having a higher amount of vegetables in Todd's diet?
All of these
8. What food did Todd eat that was the best source of Potassium?
1/4 Cup Raisins
9. …show more content…
23. Example based on 3200 calories per day diet
3200 kcal x 0.60 = 1920 kcal from carbohydrates
1920 kcal ÷ 4 kcal/g = 480 kcal from carbohydrates
Based on a 2400 kcal diet what would the personal "Daily Values" for carbohydrates be in grams?
24. Example based on 3200 calories per day diet
3200 kcal ÷ 1000 = 3.2 kcal from fiber
3.2 kcal x 11.5 g = 36.8 grams of fiber
Based on a 2200 kcal diet what would be the personal "Daily Value" for fiber be in grams?
25. Example based on 3200 calories per day diet
3200 kcal x 0.10 = 320 kcal from protein
320 kcal ÷ 4 kcal/g = 80 kcal from protein
Based on a 2600 kcal diet what would be the personal "Daily Values" for protein be in grams?
1. Which of the following is an example of a macronutrient? Protein
2. What is the kcalorie value of a meal supplying 110 g of carbohydrates, 25 g of protein, 20 g of fat, and 5 g of alcohol?
3. A health magazine contacted you for your expert opinion on what measure best describes the amounts of nutrients that should be consumed by the population. Your reply should be:
The Recommended Dietary Allowances because they represent the average daily amount of a nutrient considered adequate to meet the known nutrient needs of