2) Which theory is a reworking of Maslow's need hierarchy and is better supported by additional research than is Maslow's theory? ERG Theory
3) Which stage of the five-stage group development model is characterized by developing close relationships and cohesiveness? Norming
4) What defines a set of expected behavior patterns attributed to a person occupying a given position in a social unit? Group role
5) Which type of group is defined by the organization's structure? Formal group
6) Which term describes the tendency for individuals to expend less effort when working collectively than when working individually? …show more content…
26) How do organizations transmit their culture to their employees? It is started by the founder who hires and keeps employees who think and feel the same way they do. Second, they indoctrinate and socialize these employees to their way of thinking and feeling. And finally, the founders' own behavior acts as a role model that encourages employees to identify with them and thereby internalize their beliefs, values, and assumptions. This is also called the prearrival stage, encounter stage, metamorphosis stage.
27) What are the advantages of a strong organizational culture? "Strong cultures have a greater impact on employee behavior and are more directly related to reduced turnover
28) What is the difference between a work group and a work team? A work group is a group that primarily shares information and to make decisions to help each group member perform within their area of responsibility. A work team is composed of individuals whose efforts result in a performance that's greater than the sum of individual.
29) What is a cross-functional work team and why is it used? Employees from different work areas come together to accomplish a task who are used to coordinate complex projects.
30) What characteristics are unique to a virtual team? A virtual team brings together physically dispersed members to achieve a common goal. The absence of total voice and non-verbal cues
31) In an effective team CONTEXT is: Adequate