• Survival rights – meeting needs that are most basic to existence and access to medical services
• Development rights – education, play leisure, freedom, cultural activities, access to information, thought, conscience and religion.
• Protection rights – safeguarding against all forms of abuse
• Participation rights – express opinions, have a say in matters affecting them, opportunities to participate increase with child development.
2. Children Act
Mains points of the pieces of legislation are
• To allow children to be healthy
• Helping children to enjoy life
• Assist children in their quest to succeed
• Help make a contribution – a positive contribution to the lives of children
• Help achieve economic stability for our children’s future
3. Data Protection Act
Main points of this legislation are
• Information must be processed fairly and lawfully
• Information must be processed for limited purpose
• Information collected must be relevant and not excessive
• Must be accurate and up to date
• Held no longer than necessary
• Processed in accordance with individual rights be aware and identify needs
As a school we have an obligation to keep all information on pupils and their families safe, secure and confidential.
4. Human Rights
Main points of this pieces of legislation
• Rights to life
• Freedom from torture, in humane or degrading treatment
• Right to liberty and security
• Freedom from slavery and forced labour
• Right to fair trial
• No punishment without law
• Freedom of thought belief and religion
• Freedom of expression
• Right to educationSpecial Educational Needs Coordinator – job Description
• Qualified teacher status or HLTA
• Additional knowledge or experience in special educational needs
• Experience or knowledge across key stage 1 and key stage 2. Evidence of successful pupil outcome would be advantageous.
• Knowledge and understanding of different learning methods for children
• Knowledge and understanding of the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice
• Understanding of inclusive teaching
• Able to establish and maintain positive home-school relationships with parents that supports pupils needs.
• Good understanding of issues relating to equal opportunities, education,…