● He Invented the printing press.
● The printing press made a major impact on learning worldwide.
● By 1500 the books in europe had risen from thousands to 15 to 20 million books printed.
● Gutenberg was to first european to use movable type printing.
● In 1455 he completed his 42-line bible, known as the Gutenberg
Bible. About 180 copies of the bible were’
● $8 copies are still known to be around.
● This invention was important for education in schools.
● The Bible was later translated to vernacular by Erasmus
● Printed books were much easier than hand copied books
Between the time of 1590 and 1613, William Shakespeare wrote a total of 37 plays.
These plays were written in the common language.
Today, we credit Shakespeare with adding 1,700 words to the english language. some of the words he contributed are accused, blushing, champion, dwindle, elbow, fashionable, gossip, hobnob, laughable, majestic, etc.
His work is known worldwide, and has been performed countless times.
Shakespeare wrote many incredible stories with famous quotes such as, “ To be, or not to be: that is the question:Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take the arms against the sea of troubles, and by opposing end them?” Shakespeare wrote mostly comedic and depressing plays, which often reflected his personality and his crazy nature. Shakespeare also wrote romances and histories.
Shakespeare did work like no other. He